Emergency First Aid REC3
April 22 @ 8:00 am - April 23 @ 5:00 pm| €190,00
Emergency First Aid REC3 in Myshall – Blackstairs co.Carlow
When an emergency occurs in the wilderness, during a hike or mountain climb, help can be 4-6 hours away turning a minor medical or trauma into a life-threatening situation. We aim to equip you with the skills and confidence to stabilize the situation until help arrives.
You will be able to learn the skills which are not taught in basic first aid courses.
Rescue Emergency Care level 3 has an internationally recognized curriculum. The course fulfills the requirements of all major sporting governing bodies, including Mountaineering Ireland and Canoe Ireland. It is run by outdoor medical experts with experience in both the medical field and outdoor pursuits
REC 3 or Rescue Emergency Care level 3 is ideal for people working or participating in any leisure activities such as hiking in the Irish mountains.
Part of the course is indoor which covers most of the theory and an outdoor session which uses a balance of learning and practical intermixed with scenarios of real situations.
Approved by Scouting Ireland and Mountaineering Ireland, it is ideally suited to outdoor activities which include: canoeing, hiking, climbing, kayaking, mountain guiding, and Gaisce participants.
First aid training with the REC scheme is easy and fun. This 2 days course is progressive by building on each session, introducing new scenarios to test all techniques for:
- Emergency: vital signs • emergency action • airway • unconscious • choking • bleeding • breathing and circulation • cpr
- Environment: heat stress • cold stress • hot injuries • cold injuries
- Health & Safety: recording accidents • • first aid kits
- Illness: chest pain • stroke • asthma • epilepsy • diabetes • minor ailments
- Injury: head • spine • chest • abdomen • pelvis • bones • soft tissue • eye
- Rescue: transportation • communication
- Assessment: reviews learning during course • practical assessment.
Will be able to take control of an incident until a nurse, doctor or ambulance arrives
Can cope with common occurrences – illness; injury; collapse; rescue
All candidates must feel confident and competent to deliver First Aid assistance in an Emergency.
For more information please, get in touch:
Phone: 00353 879691193